Thursday, April 2, 2015

Sorry about the lateness of the blog post this week. My computer did a major crash a week ago.
We had no choice but to box it up and send it home to our son who is a computer whiz. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he will be able to save some of the files, pictures, etc. You don't realize how much you use the computer until it is gone. Someone gave me the idea to come over to the church house and use their computer so I could still do some of my stuff. Hopefully, this works.

We had our District Meeting last week. It was the last meeting for two of the five couples. One is going home to Salt Lake and the other one to Alaska. We are certainly going to miss them. There is another couple coming in to replace the employment couple in St. Michaels. We have also received word that there will be a new CES (Seminary & Institute) couple coming in July. But by that time, all of the rest of us will be gone. The CES couple is suppose to be in the Gallup Stake, though; so they will have at least one missionary couple.

We were able to give the first two PMG lessons to a dear sister. She is really interested and seems to soak up everything we say. The neat thing is that she also comes to our Family Home Evenings, so she has been able to make some friends in the Branch. When we met with her on Friday, I asked her if she would try and come to church on Sunday. Her reply was, “Try, no. I WILL be there. That was pretty exciting. In fact, we were having a pot luck dinner after Church and she had already bought the stuff she was going to bring.

Owen had the opportunity of teaching gun safety and doing some target shooting with a family. I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the missionary handbook.

On Saturday four couples got together and went to Page to tour Antelope Canyon (a gorgeous slot canyon). It was so pretty, but quite expensive. The regular price is $48 - $58 depending on what time you go on the tour. Another perk for missionaries – they let all of us go through for free. I was surprised at how many people were touring it. The good thing, though, is that they divide you up into smaller groups of about 12-15 with your own tour guide. So that really helped as far as being able to hear and also take pictures. It made for a very long day because Page, AZ is four hours away one way.

We got a phone call from our Branch President on our way home asking us to come to his home because he needed a blessing. I guess he had stepped in a hole while at the flea market and broke his ankle.

We had a good turnout for Church on Sunday. Since it was the 5th Sunday and then General Conference followed by Stake Conference it was our Fast Sunday. We had a delicious meal after the meetings and even ran out of food. Then we had an Easter egg hunt for the children. I say “for the children”, but I think there were more adults out searching than there were children. Everyone seemed to have a good time. We certainly enjoy the socials that we have like this. I know we will miss them big time.

I have pictures to go with the blog, but I'll wait and post them when I get my computer back and can download them from my camera.

We are so grateful for all the help and blessings that the Lord gives to us on a daily basis. It is going to be hard to go back to the “real world” when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment